Help us help families in need in our community this Thanksgiving.
Providing Thanksgiving Meals
In 1993, First Christian Church began leading this initiative with 100 meals served. This Thanksgiving, the initiative has expanded to include 5 churches and serve 10,000+ meals in our community! This will be the 11th year that RiverTree is involved!
RiverTree is partnering with Stark County Area Churches to serve together and make an impact in Stark County by providing Thanksgiving meals to those in need. RiverTree plans for 1,500+ meals to come from our kitchen alone. So we need your help!
WAYS TO SERVE:
- We need turkeys! Turkeys must be 12 lbs, cooked, and in an oven bag and foil pan. Turkeys can not be stuffed or cooked in peanut oil.
- We also need pumpkin and fruit pies! Pies must be already baked. No cream pies, please!
- Cookies are needed too!
Drop off food:
- Tuesday, November 21 all day and Wednesday, November 22 by 10AM
Prepare and pack food: THIS SERVING OPPORTUNITY IS FULL. THANK YOU! Wednesday, November 22 / 10AM-12PM / RiverTree Jackson Children are welcome to help prepare and pack food, but childcare is not provided during meal prep. Drive to deliver the meals: THIS SERVING OPPORTUNITY IS FULL. THANK YOU!
Thursday, November 23 / Between 10AM & 1 PM / RiverTree Jackson. Deliveries must be done in groups of two. Any individuals will be paired. Children are welcome to help deliver meals, but childcare is not provided during deliveries.
Interested in delivering meals? Watch this short video:
Financial donations to buy food and supplies for Thanksgiving meals:
- Make a check out to RiverTree with ‘Holiday Meals’ on memo line!
- Cash in an envelope labeled ‘Holiday Meals.’
- Drop it in the offering bag!